ROAD SAFETY TIPS
Instruction for Bike Riders.
1. Wear a full mask good quality BIS approved helmet.
2. Ensure that pillion rider also wears a helmet of the quality.
3. Fasten the helmet rightly.
4. Check the inflation of both front and rear tyres.
5. Ensure the front rear lights are functional.
6. Give proper indications before turning.
7. Switch off your indicators after turning.
8. Use front and rear breaks simultaneously
9. Ride in the middle lane.
10. Keep a save distance from the vehicle ahead.
1. Indulge in zig-zag riding.
2. Overtake from the blind corners of a heavy vehicle or from the left side. It is highly dangerious.
3. Apply brakes suddenly.
4. Carry heavy loads or more than one person as pillion rider.
5. Use cell phone while riding.
6. Ride in the bur lane.
7. Allow a minor to ride.
Instruction for Drivers of Four Wheelers.
1. Ensure that co-passenger on the front seat and the driver has worn seat belt.
2. Drive within the prescribed speed limit (Car-50/ Truck-40).
3. Drive in your lane.
4. Keep a safe distance from the vehicle ahead.
5. Use proper signal before taking a turn.
6. Use rear view mirror in your vehilce.
7. Reduce speed of vehicle while approching road crossing.
8. Obey the signals give by traffic police.
` 9. Use dimmer while driving at night time.
1. Talk on mobile phone while diving.
2. Allow children velow years of age to sit on the front seat.
3. Allow minors to drive.
4. Smoke during driving.
5. Engage your self in gossiping with other while drving.
6. Overtake when there is no sufficient space.
7. Overload your vehilce.
8. Drive without license.
Instruction for the Pedestrians.
1. Walk on any side of road if there are footpaths.
2. On roads having no footpath, walk on extreme right side facing the oncoming traffic.
3. Always use Zebra Crossing. Foot Over Bridge & Subways to cross the road.
4. Cross the road when the vehicles are at a safe distance.
5. Wear light coloured dresses during night.
6. Pedestrians should also obey traffic signals.
7. Help the Children, old people and handdicapped persons to cross road.
8. While walking on the road, always notice the movement of vehilces.
1. Do not cross the road in hurry or by running.
2. Never cross the road in front of or in between parked vehilces.
3. It is very dangerous to cross the road at blind corners turning etc where you are not visible to vehilce drivers.
4. Do not jump over the railings to cross road.
5. While crossing the road first look to the right and then look to the left and again to the right. After being ensured that there in no vehicle approaching you, cross the road. Don’t hesitate and change your decision suddenly.
6. Don’t talk with others standing on the road.
Instruction for Cyclists
1. Cycle must be fited with standard gadgets bell, brakes, rear view minor, both front & black mudgurd painted white, reflected tapes affixed at the fron & back.
2. Use server road/ cycle track, if available. Cycle should be on extreme left side of the road.
3. Avoid busy roads.
4. Keep a safe distance from fast motorized vehicles.
5. Give proper indications before stoping or turning.
1. Do not indulge in any kind of status.
2. Do not load the cycle with another person or havy goods.
3. Do not ride holding on to fast moving vehicles.
4. Do not ride parallet to another cycle.
Protect yourself from Cyber Crime
1. Do not share any private information over the internet or with unknown phone caller.
Avoid mentioning date of Birth, Favorite items, Parents’ names, ATM PIN of yourself, your close family or friends on your Facebook page, WhatsApp, Google/ Yahoo chat, Blogs, Online forms.
2. Do not belive everything you read on the internet/ SMS, verify with a reliable person.
Separate facts and reliable news from rumours, opinions, advertisements and propaganda. Ask permission from others before uploading/ tagging their photo/video.
3. Do not click, post or send any obscene, offensive, hurtful or illegal photo, video, comment, SMS.
Tell friends to seek permission before uploading/ tagging/ sharing your photo/ video. Report to police if anyone uses objectionable photo/ video on acebook/ You Tube/ WhatsApp.
4. Do not accept Frind requests from people you have never met, even Friend of Friends. Set Facebook profile settings to “Private” to aviod being stalked.
5. Do not share your password with anyone. Log out properly after browsing.
Use a stong password (with capital/ small letters, numbers and symbles_ your email, Facebook, chat room, online banking accounts, Change password immediately if you lose it.
6. Do not give your mobile phone number or email to unknown persons or businesses. Block unwanted callers on mobile, mark unsolicated emails as Spam.
7. Do not click on links or download unknown attachments in email/ SMSs. If you wish to visit the page, type out the link. Be careful of Password Reset/ Account Lock mails.
8. Use trasted sited for Online Shopping, Ticket Booking, Donations, Sending Monely.
Check cash amount in email/ SMS confirmation receipt. Verify this amount with bank statement.
9. Do not reply to/ forward any SMS/ email which promises to give you sure-shot prizes, gifts, foreign money, lotteries, inheritance for a little amount of your money.
Please report your concerns or suggestions to your nearest Police Stations or District Control Room.
Youth and Drugs
“How do I know if my child is abusing drugs or alcohal”
If you find drugs or items such as smoking pipes, it is a strong inducation that your child is using or experimenting with drugs. Behaviors is another indicators.
- Abrupt mood swings or attitude changes.
- Sudden decline in attendance or performance at work or school.
- Sudden resistance to discipline at home or school.
- Poor relationship with family and friends.
- Unusual temper tantrums.
- Borrowing money from friends and relatives.
- Stealing from home, school or work.
- Increased secrecy about actions or possessions.
Hanging out with new group of friends (especially ones who use drugs).
These behaviors may indicate drug use but they may also indicate normal growing pains. The best way to know for sure is to observe your child, get to know his or her friends, but most importantly, Talk communication is essential for your child’s growth and safety.
If you know that your child is taking drugs, take action and do not ignore the problem. Explain the harmful effects of drugs, including the long- term effects tone’s physical, social and mental well-being.
CHILDREN & WOMEN SAFETY
1. Call 1091 to raise your voice against violence
2. No one has the right to tease you or sexually harass you. No one has the right to make you uncomfortable, whether you are at home or on the streets, whether in school, college or in a social gathering.
3. No one has the right to beat you, torture you physically or mentally, or force use on you in any way. No matter what your relationship is with this person.
4. Violence against you is not your fault. Violence is not anyone’s right. Don’t hesitate, don’t be afraid to call for help.
5. Call 1091 – 24 hour helpline for crime against women in Tripura and the police will be there immediately to take action. It is up to you to make that call.